In order to keep the club working, profitable and in line with the recommendations by the BHA the Club’s management outline below the Club rules and constitution.
Aims of the Racing Club
Peter Bowen Racing Club has been formed to enable Members to experience the thrill of being closely involved with Peter Bowen’s racehorses but at a very affordable price. Club Members will feel the enjoyment of being an owner and the thrill of winning races.
There will be a number of selected horses in the Racing Club and the aim is to run them regularly throughout the year. The horses are owned by Bowen family (Peter, Karen and Sean, James and Mickey) and will run under the name of the “Peter Bowen Racing Club” and are offered to Club Members on a free lease agreement. At the end of the membership period, the horses return to the ownership of the Bowen family.
Duration of Membership
The club will commence on May 1st 2021 and run for 12 months until April 30th 2022.
- Great fun at an affordable price, small and friendly Club
- Feel the thrill of ownership, meet your trainer and jockey in the parade ring
- One owners badge per membership when your horse runs (depending on allocation)
- Visit the Owners & Trainers Room at the track and share time with the Racing Club Manager and Bowen family
- Two stable visits per year hosted by Racing Club Manager and the Bowen family
- Regular digital bulletins or newsletters giving training updates and race plans
- All inclusive Membership fee with no extra to pay
There will be two organised stable visits for Club Members to enjoy during the Membership period with dates to be announced in due course. We will try to find suitable dates for these visits.
You can watch the horses work on the straight gallop, round gallop and watch some of the horses on the training jumps. We will give you a tour the yard to meet the horses up close. Light refreshments will be provided.
Race Day Owners’ Badges
Club Members will receive an owners badge for every race a club horse runs. This badge gives free entry to the racecourse and entry to all owners areas. But we are bound by individual racecourse rules relating to badge allocation and, therefore, should the number of badge requests outnumber our allocation a ballot will take place.
The ballot will be managed by the Racing Club Manager with owners badges spread evenly across the Club members throughout the year.
You are welcome to bring a guest to the track but your complimentary owners badge is non transferable.
10% of winning prize money will be the dividend that will be distributed to members at 30th April, 2022 (minus Weatherby’s expenses, and the extra expenditure towards the additional horses).
Club Members will receive regular bulletins (except when the Racing Club Manager is on holidays) detailing news about the club horses. This would include entry plans, jockey updates and other stable information of interest.
Should one of the Club horses suffer career ending injury the Bowen family will attempt to find a suitable replacement horse.
Cost and Payment Schedule
Payment will be accepted in the form of a one-off payment of £500 to join the Racing Club with no more to pay over the year’s Membership term.
Racing Club Management
Peter Bowen will have total control of all race entries, declarations and jockey bookings. Peter or one of the Yard staff will be at the races to meet you in the Parade Ring and guide you through the day.
The ‘day to day’ administration of the Racing Club (subscriptions, owners badges, prize money pay out) will be via The Racing Club Manager, Clive James.
To Become a Racing Club Member
- Make a Bank Transfer to the following account –
- Account: Peter Bowen Racing Club; Sort Code: 20-37-82; Account no: 13882802 I would appreciate it if you can reference the transfer – Peter Bowen Racing Club 2021
- Enclose a cheque payable to “Peter Bowen Racing Club” for £500, and send to :Peter Bowen Racing Club, Yet-y-Rhug, Little Newcastle, Haverfordwest
- You will receive acknowledgement of receipt of your bank transfer/cheque
- Please supply your bank details are required so that we can pat your dividend
- Payments should be made between now and April 30th, thank you. When you make your payment please leave me know, so that I can update my records.
- Should you have a question please call Clive on 07920 884858
Other Horses Running in the Peter Bowen Racing Club Colours
Club members have individually bought a 50% share for 6-year-old Le Tueur – Peter and Karen own the other 50%, but the family and the shareholders have kindly allowed the horse run in the Racing Club colours. The other club members are encouraged to support Le Tueur whenever possible, and if there are any spare allocation of badges when he runs, club members will be offered any of the surplus.
All prize-money for Le Tueur will only be distributed to the members who have invested in the horse.
Other opportunities for future horse ownership will be offered to members of the Racing Club in the first instance, as was the case with Le Tueur. You will be informed of any developments as to future purchases.
Can you please contact the Racing Club Manager, Clive James with any queries, M: 07920 884858 or email firstname.lastname@example.org